If you own a shallow pond, and do not wish to aerate it with a fountain, then our Kasco surface aerators are your best options. All Kasco pond aerators are self-contained, lightweight units that float at the surface with a single power cord. These reliable units are the highest oxygen producing aerators we offer! These aerators are designed for maximum pumping volume and circulation. Auburn University has performed independent product testing and has found that Kasco's aerators’ SAE (Standard Aeration Efficiency) is up to 3.0 lbs. of oxygen per horsepower per hour of operation, making them some of the most efficient and effective units available.
The Kasco 1 HP pond aerator is perfect for small (1 acre or less) and shallow (from as little as 19’’ up to 6 feet in depth) ponds containing fresh or salt water.
- This kit includes a motor unit, a power cable and a float. An optional control panel is available on our website, as well as an optional bottom screen. (For more information on these two optional tools, click here).
- Operation: Our Kasco 1 HP Pond Aerator is a surface aeration system that, through the use of a submersed motor, create a crown of water at the surface of the lake by pushing water into the air using an open propeller. When in motion, droplets of water absorb oxygen from the atmosphere, and return to the body of water, transferring in the meantime oxygen from the air into the pond. The motion created by the motor mixes and agitates the water, spreading oxygenated water through the pond.
- Heavy duty motor: This single phase motor uses 1 HP, and draws as little as 240V. It includes a thermal overload protection, and two long life bearings.
- Continuous operation: With a 1 horse power surface aerator made in USA, this Kasco Surface Aerator (or AF4400H aerator) can run 24 hours a day. You will also have the possibility to put it in a timer if you do not wish to see it continuously in use.
- Enhanced benefits: This aeration system will be a great benefit to the aquatic ecosystem into which you are installing it. It is ideal for aeration of ponds that are both small (up to 1 acre) and shallow (6’maximum depth).
- Easy to install and completely safe: The motor comes with 50’ feet of power cable approved for underwater usage, and a single piece float made of U.V. resistant high density thermoplastic.
- In addition, Kasco assures the customer that “A coated stainless steel cage/ propeller guard catches large debris and assist the unit in reducing the likelihood of clogging while allowing for maximum water flow in the unit”.
- Commercial aquaculture
- Agricultural ponds
- Industrial plants
- Municipal waste water ponds
- Backyard ponds
This aerator is perfect for preventing fish kills and low oxygen levels in large ponds. It comes with a great 2-year warranty on the motor!
Benefits of a Kasco 1 HP Pond Aerator
Why Choose Our Aeration Kit?
- Elimination of foul odors from undesirable dissolved gases
- Elimination of low oxygen fish kills
- Reduced nutrient levels and associated algae growth
- Reduced aquatic midge and mosquito insect hatches
- Oxidized/reduced organic bottom muck
- Improved fisheries by expanding oxygenated habitat
- Increased oxygen levels throughout water crown